About Me

Ayyy, my name is Alex King and this is my blog here you can see my Media A2 blog containing all the preperation and build up for my short film; Light Through Darkness' Thankyou

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Task 2 - My film poster Analysis

 

what are the main colours used in the poster and what do they connote?
 Throughout my poster creations I used different shades of black and grey to help add the theme of unclear site, I thought this will link well with out film idea of ‘blindness’. The majority of my poster colouring is the actual shots taken from my short film, I cleverly edited both shots in Microsoft Word 2007 and then transferred to Photoshop in order to use specific picture editing techniques-this enabled me to create the illusion of un-clarity when looking at the edges of my poster you can see the fade to white with a grey wash over the entire image. I tried my best to connote
my vision of eye failure. The whole aim was to somehow make the poster images somewhat blurry.


The main symbols in my poster are the screen grabs taken from the short film itself, I have carefully positioned to seem as if the character in sunglasses is having a ‘flashback’. The picture on the top has more fading around the edges then the picture on the bottom; this helps portray the illusion of the black mail thinking about something. I had to learn knowledge from different age’s audience in order to find out their individual interpretations, I think it was essential to find out if people can decode the poster ( know what it conveys)

My posters background mostly consists of photographic imagery; I included the films text in front of the images to look realistic and believable. I chose to use different photographic techniques in order to fade the writing. I Thinking I managed to make it look illustrative by keeping the text as simple as possible and spaced out.


Messages in my poster are primarily visual; we tried our best to link the messages back to the right of passage and the main intentions of the film. The audience can look at the poster and straight away gather all the information they need, I wanted to keep my poster as simple and basic in terms of text; my reasons for this are that the film shots can speak for it self-this is also a key marketing technique by keeping audiences on edge (wanting to see more).


Our films intended target audience for this is short film is 15+. It is packed to the rim with drama, following closely with heartbreak conventions. The film is also looked upon as being very emotional as it is a serious case in the real world; because of the serious film matter we had to be careful portraying something which has a devastating effect in real life we had to make sure we didn’t joke about or portray blind people to be outcasts. We came to the conclusion young ages (under 15) would not take this film seriously or not have the knowledge to understand the plot. Immature mind wouldn’t be able to understand a film like this. Not every young child could take the film as serious as others this may depend upon how immature they are or even attention spans.


My poster includes 2 actual shots from the film itself-not many other posters do this; this is one technique  to reel movie watchers in to see more and a way of showing off some features which you have to offer. My poster also tries to show the audience a blurry image to show off their editing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment