About Me

Ayyy, my name is Alex King and this is my blog here you can see my Media A2 blog containing all the preperation and build up for my short film; Light Through Darkness' Thankyou

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Blindness Poetry

Whatever it was that happened back then,
I do not wish upon any men.
For as a result I am now blind,
My own reflection I cannot find.
Though initially it became all a mess,
Realizing I'd live in eternal darkness,
With time I found the light,
That I could have happiness,
Even without my sight.
It is a challenge I must admit,
Though I am no longer bothered,
Not even a little bit.
Now with every journey that I take,
Cautious with each step I make,
Each becomes a quest of discovery,
Every movement teaching me.
The colors of our world escape all sight,
As I exist in my eternal night,
I rely on nature to come alive,
Via the other four of the five (senses).
The smell of roses and emanating sound,
The feel of grass and my guidedog hound,
I do not fear the unknown, I have to say,
I just 'see' things a different way.
I'll never have sight, not even half,
But I have enough to light a path.
I am aware through my heightened senses,
These tools which have become my new defenses,
From the obstacles that are rife,
The things you encounter in everyday life.
So I tackle the world with all my might,
Having lost all my sight.
I hope I have given you some insight.

The End.

By michelle zaine


The poem really helps gain a deeper insight into how blind people feel, the poem is so descriptive and detailed analysis of internal emotions and deep thoughts; also the poem helps convey how the blind person views life and what obstacles the face in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment